Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Nine Inch Nails, Sony CMT-CPZ1

Nine Inch Nails

Nine Inch Nails is coming to Finland to conclude their 2007 European tour in April. Cool, that, and I've got tickets with my wife (and friends). NIN was one of the really big groups in my teenage years and I like them still, which is easy, since they've only released good albums. I hear from last time's witnesses that they are really very good live, which is of course a good thing, too.

Sony CMT-CPZ1

Related to music, we got a new stereo set last night, a Sony CMT-CPZ1 mini-system (weighing in at 300€). We've been without a set for years, settling for portable players and TV output and I have to say that it feels good to hear music properly again.

It's only a mini-set, as I can't fathom putting 200€-plus on just an amplifier, let alone some speakers, but an audible revelation it is, nonetheless. We went with Sony due to it sounding better than the other sub-500€ sets.

It was also the only not hideous-looking set on the shelves, which is just weird. You'd think they'd design 200-600€ worth of electronics a little more pleasing on the eyes. I see now that the set has got favorable reviews and general praise for sound quality, which is always nice. So far I have no problems with it.

No comments: