Monday, December 04, 2006

Better living through technology

Sports, or the lack thereof

I regret to say I've slacked off on sports. With first snow I stopped running and while the snow has melted away, I haven't been to the track since. I'm not sure why. Partly because of being tired and stressed out at work, partly because I just can't bother myself. With that said, I realized the situation last week and decided to go running again. We'll see how it goes, I'm hoping to do a run three times a week. That way it would maybe become routine and not something extra I have to bother myself to do after a tiring day at work.

Delivered

I've been a little active in other ways. I set up a forum for my class from 1999, as I promised. I chose BBPress, which isn't really that suitable for us, but I'll see if it's worthwhile to tinker with it. I do like it how it's very stripped down.

I'm not posting the URL because the forum's not closed to outsiders and I rather wouldn't have to deal with spammers.

Bakkanaalit

I set up a forum for my friends, too. We've spoken about it many times, but now it felt like a good idea, with the hosting already available. I don't really know if we'll learn to use it, but it's there, now. There have been quite a few times I've felt like posting about something, but not really considering it worth an email or a call. I chose Simple Machines, which initially feels alright. There are troubles with updating it, though.

If I know you, especially in real life, you're likely welcome on the forum: bakkanaalit.mcmuumio.net. It does require registration and activation by a member.

I'm not really active in any other forums these days, apart from my roleplaying association's rather active forum. I do post in the comments of Kotaku and Eurogamer, but they're not societies like forums are.

No comments: