Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Update and SketchUp

I've progressed somewhat in the fitness game. It's mostly noticeable in the speed of recovery after a run; I breathe easier. I'm trying to add one minute to the run to make it six, but yesterday my legs began to cramp up and I had to stop early. I suspect it's because I ran faster than what I'm used to. It may also be lack of intake of fluids, coffee notwithstanding.

Regardless, I've managed to stick to my every other day -plan. Also, my social rule has stood. This week's "dosage" is still in the air, though.

And now for something completely different

I was thinking where I'd put this, but I suppose I'm not going to publish a separate "arts and hobbies" blog (aside from gaming), so here it goes. I read about Google's SketchUp in Edge. It's very near revolutionary, I'd say.

I've dabbled in various 3D software packages, but they've all been so hard to use that I've given up. SketchUp is designed for normal people. I guess it could be easier still, but the basics are very easy to grasp and the presentation is not intimidating - on the contrary, it invites you to model.

No comments: